Soccer United Marketing (SUM), Bud Light and TEAM Coalition encouraged supporters to be responsible while attending the 2017 Mexican National Team Tour and Fútbol Fiesta on Wednesday, June 28th at NRG Stadium.
Before the match, 280 supporters pledged to be responsible in the Fútbol Fiesta. Everyone who made the Bud Light Good Sport pledge had the opportunity to autograph a larger-than-life soccer ball, pose for a free souvenir photo and enter to win a Mexico National Team prize pack.
The Houston match was the third of the Mexico National Team Tour where TEAM promoted alcohol responsibility. Click on the links below to see the summaries from other matches.
- July 1, 2017 at CenturyLink Field
- June 1, 2017 at MetLife Stadium
- May 27, 2017 at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
The lucky fan selected as the Responsible Supporter of the Match won an autographed Mexico National Team jersey, two tickets to a local match of his choice, and additional items from Bud Light and TEAM Coalition, proving that Responsibility Has Its Rewards!
US DOT / NHTSA 2015 NATIONAL DATA:
• 10,265 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, an increase of 3.2% from the 9,943 fatalities in 2014.
• Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
• Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.