Soccer United Marketing (SUM), Estrella Jalisco and TEAM Coalition encouraged supporters to be responsible while attending the 2018 Mexican National Team Tour and Fútbol Fiesta on Friday, March 23, 2018 at Levi’s Stadium.
Before the match, 142 supporters pledged to be responsible in the Fútbol Fiesta. Supporters signed a pledge wall showing their commitment to drink responsibly and never drive drunk. They posed in front of the wall and received a free souvenir photo. Fans shared their digital photos and the responsibility message by posting photos on Facebook and Twitter. The 64 photos taken were viewed a total of 205 times, an average of 3.2 views per photo.
The Levi’s Stadium match was the second of five friendlies in the 2018 Tour as the Mexican National Team prepares for the World Cup.
- Alamodome match blog post
- AT&T Stadium match blog post
- Rose Bowl Stadium match blog post
- NRG Stadium match blog post
US DOT / NHTSA 2016 NATIONAL DATA:
• In 2016, 10,497 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, an increase of 1.7% from the 10,265 fatalities in 2015.
• Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
• Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.