Soccer United Marketing (SUM), Estrella Jalisco and TEAM Coalition encouraged supporters to be responsible while attending the 2018 Mexican National Team Tour and Fútbol Fiesta on Friday, September 7, 2018 at NRG Stadium.
Before the match, 86 supporters pledged to be responsible in the Fútbol Fiesta. Supporters signed a pledge wall showing their commitment to drink responsibly and never drive drunk. They posed in front of the wall and received a free souvenir photo. Fans shared their digital photos and the responsibility message by posting photos on Facebook and Twitter. The 36 photos taken were viewed a total of 116 times, an average of 3.2 views per photo.
The NRG Stadium match was the fifth and final friendly in the 2018 Tour as the Mexican National Team prepares for the World Cup.
- Alamodome match blog post
- Levi’s Stadium match blog post
- AT&T Stadium match blog post
- Rose Bowl Stadium match blog post
US DOT / NHTSA 2017 NATIONAL DATA:
• In 2017, 10,874 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, a decrease of 1.1% from the 10,996 fatalities in 2016.
• Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
• Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.