JULY 2021 NEWSLETTER
Table of Contents
Best Practices on Display
Have a Responsibility Plan this Fourth of July
However your celebrations may look this year, make sure you celebrate the birth of our nation safely. This Independence Day, TEAM Coalition and the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) want to remind drivers that if you plan to drink, it’s essential that you plan for a sober designated driver.
If you are under the influence of alcohol and you choose to get behind the wheel of a vehicle, you put everyone on the road in danger, including yourself. During the Fourth of July holiday, make sure you plan ahead for a safe weekend of festivities. MORE.
Master Trainer Resources
TEAM Coalition Master Trainers are sports and entertainment industry leaders, who have embraced the idea that everyone has a role and a responsibility when it comes to preventing negative fan behavior and drunk driving. TEAM’s alcohol management training program is shaped by these industry leaders who help prioritize alcohol management and save lives. Teamwork is what a successful alcohol management is all about.
Master Trainer, Bill Squires, sat down to share his innovative tips and tricks that he has learned as a TEAM Master Trainer. Click here to see all Bill’s videos.
Board of Directors News
TEAM Board Member Profile: Matt Dye
“Through the extensive training programs TEAM Coalition provides, Spectra is able to create safe, exciting and memorable experiences for every visitor to our venues.”
— Matt Dye
District General Manager
Spectra Food Services & Hospitality
MORE ON MATT’S MISSION MOMENT WITH TEAM
Board of Director News: July 2021
- The Board of Directors welcomed our new Director-at-Large, Jeff Jannarone
- June financials were the strongest to date for current fiscal year:
- $46,000 in revenue from training
- 2 Trainer workshops certifying 23 trainers
- 2,620 manuals sold
- 4,000 online accesses sold
- FY 2022 budget will be added to monthly financials starting in August
- December Stakeholder’s meeting: virtual or in-person, survey to members, master trainers and strategic partners to follow soon
- FY 2022 goals and committee projects will be added to strategic plan in August
Master Trainer Spotlight
“TEAM not only drives proper alcohol service within our venues, but it does it by teaming up every department within the operation. That teamwork that starts with TEAM training resonates throughout the operation in many different ways making the experience for our guests all the better.“
— Andy Konkle
Chartwells at Cleveland State University
Chartwells at Cleveland State University
Andy Konkle is the previous Director of Operations for Levy Restaurants at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland. He is currently the General Manager for Chartwells at Cleveland State University. Andy has been a TEAM trainer since January of 2008 and a Master Trainer since May of 2008. Andy has certified over 500 people.
MORE ON ANDY’S MISSION MOMENT WITH TEAM COALITION
- Marketing & Communications
- Governance & Finance
Are you ready to become a certified TEAM Trainer? Are you due to get recertified? TEAM has virtual Instructor Development Program (IDP) workshops on the calendar.
Priorities for the Training Committee are the following:
- Utilizing Subject Matter Experts (Board Members, Strategic Partners and Master Trainers) to elevate the importance of alcohol management in sports and entertainment facility management
- Master Trainers are recording videos to share best practices, help new trainers become better advocates for alcohol management and prove the value of employee training. Bill Squires sat down to share his expertise. Click here to see all 11 of his videos.
Member representatives, Strategic Partners and Master Trainers interested in serving on the Training Committee should email email@example.com.
Priority projects for the Marketing & Communications Committee include:
- Roll out new logo and creative assets for all digital channels including the TEAM Coalition website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Style guide is available online in the media kit
- FY 2022 newsletter planning
- Develop consumer program activation plans with league and alcohol members for FY 2022
Member representatives, Strategic Partners and Master Trainers interested in serving on the Marketing and Communications Committee should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Governance & Finance Committee is tasked with working on:
- FY 2021 Financial review
- YTD Net Income through Q3 = $155,000
- Full forgiveness earned for Paycheck Protection Program Loan 1 ($81,635 received May 2020)
- Outstanding Loans
- PPP Loan 2: $54,600 received March 2021; full forgiveness is expected; application available in September 2021
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL): $149,900 received in June 2020; monthly repayments began in May 2021
- Q3 review of budget and actuals
- Training revenue actuals were significantly behind budget for 1st half of fiscal year; in Q3 actuals caught up to budget estimates for trainers certified and manuals/online accesses for employee certification
- Expected year-end net income to be $75,000
Member representatives, Strategic Partners and Master Trainers interested in serving on the Governance and Finance Committee should email email@example.com.
The Membership Committee is working on:
- Reaching out to all 22 member organizations to share benefits of newly approved Tiered Membership Structure, implementation begins in FY 2022
- Identifying new Strategic Partners
- Working with membership to promote key responsibility messaging
- Continue brainstorming special project options to implement starting with calendar year 2022
Member representatives, Strategic Partners and Master Trainers interested in serving on the Membership Committee should email firstname.lastname@example.org.