Responsible Drinking & Changing Social Norms
Jill Kiefer served as moderator for the panel of industry experts
- Ashley Cahill, Director Better World Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC
- Dorothy “Dottie” Taylor, State Supervisor Missouri Division of Alcohol & Tobacco Control
- Sara Cooley-Broschart, Public Health Education Liaison Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board
Five trends impacting the alcohol industry were discussed:
- Increased Consumption
- Regulatory Changes
- Impaired Driving
US DOT / NHTSA 2019 NATIONAL DATA:
- In 2019, 10,142 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, a decrease of 5.3% from the 10,710 fatalities in 2018.
- Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
- Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol and fail to buckle up.