Responsible Rams fans had the chance to sign an autograph wall and pose for a souvenir photo at five Los Angeles Rams games at the LA Memorial Coliseum during the 2016 season. Corona Extra and TEAM Coalition partnered to promote responsible drinking at the following games:
- Rams vs. Carolina Panthers on November 6, 2016
- Rams vs. Miami Dolphins on November 20, 2016
- Rams vs. Atlanta Falcons on December 11, 2016
- Rams vs. San Francisco 49ers on December 24, 2016
- Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals on January 1, 2017
Hundreds of fans at each game made the pledge to Relax Responsibly – never drive drunk and always have a designated driver. One randomly selected responsible fan was selected as the grand prize winner each week as part of the RHIR sweepstakes. The prize will include a $250 NFLShop.com gift card.
US DOT / NHTSA 2015 NATIONAL DATA:
• In 2015, 10,265 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, an increase of 3.2% from the 9,943 fatalities in 2014.
• Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
• Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.