TEAM Coalition traveled to Frisco, TX for the 2019 NCAA Division I Football Championship on January 5, 2019 to reward fans who made the Responsibility Has Its Rewards pledge to:
• Always Buckle Up – Every Trip, Every Time
• Never Drive Drunk
• Always Have a Designated Driver
• Never Provide Alcohol to Anyone Under 21
Fans from all over the country gathered at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX to watch the North Dakota State Bison take on the Eastern Washington University Eagles. NDSU defeated EWU for its seventh FCS title. Before the game, 244 fans from both schools autographed the responsibility wall as their pledge and smiled for a souvenir photo while enjoying the pre-game festivities at Tailgate Town. The 102 photos taken were shared via email and text forwarding as well as social media. The photos were viewed 209 times, and average of 2 views per photo.
NCAA, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and TEAM Coalition partnered to promote responsible drinking at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX, encouraging fans to never drive drunk if they were over 21 or to buckle up – every trip, every time – if they were under 21.
US DOT / NHTSA 2017 NATIONAL DATA:
• In 2017, 10,874 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, a decrease of 1.1% from the 10,996 fatalities in 2016.
• Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
• Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.