|TEAM Coalition proudly joined forces with the National Football League and Bud Light in support of the national Responsibility Has Its Rewards (RHIR) campaign at the 2013 Pro Bowl in Honolulu, Hawaii and Super Bowl XLVII®and the NFL Experience in New Orleans, LA. Throughout the 2012 NFL season, each NFL team offered fans the opportunity to pledge to be a designated driver. At the end of the season, each NFL team selected one fan to be their Designated Driver For the 2012 Season.Over 240,000 fans across the league participated in this life-saving program during the 2012 regular season. The Designated Drivers for the Season for the San Francisco 49ers – Jan Spielberger and the Baltimore Ravens –Roger Acker – attended Super Bowl XLVII® (including airfare and hotel accommodations) compliments of TEAM Coalition and the NFL.
|Jan Spielberger receives congratulations fromJill Pepper and Carol Huebner from Anheuser-Busch
||Roger Acker predicts the outcome of Super Bowl XLVII early with Jill Pepper and Carol Huebnerfrom Anheuser-Busch
At the NFL Experience at the New Orleans Convention Center, more than 2,000 NFL fans pledged to be responsible – by promising to always have a designated driver, never drive drunk and always buckle up. Those responsible fans autographed a backdrop and smiled for souvenir photos with the Bud Light girls. Each day, one lucky responsible fan was selected as the daily prize winner. Those winners received a prize pack including Super Bowl branded items, along with Bud Light and TEAM Coalition items.
500 Super Bowl XLVII fans pledged to be designated drivers during the game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Four lucky winners were recognized as Designated Drivers of the Game for Super Bowl XLVII.
Another prize was awarded to the Designated Driver for the Season from the Pittsburgh Steelers – Judith Uhl. Ms. Uhl received a trip to the 2013 Pro Bowl in Honolulu, HI.
NATIONAL CAMPAIGN: Responsibility Has Its Rewards™
RHIR PARTNERS INCLUDE:
- National Football League
- Bud Light
- TEAM Coalition (Techniques for Effective Alcohol Management)
WHO: Fans and the Community
WHAT: NFL, Bud Light and TEAM Coalition invited NFL fans to earn valuable rewards for demonstrating responsible behavior.
- Responsibility Has Its Rewards Sweepstakes: Designated Drivers for the Season from the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers received all expenses paid trips to Super Bowl XLVII.
- 2013 NFL Experience: NFL fans who pledged to be responsible autographed a backdrop and smiled for photos with Bud Light girls. Daily prize drawing to reward responsible fans.
- Super Bowl XLVII: Four Bud Light Good Sport designated driver booths gave Super Bowl XLVII® fans the opportunity to pledge to be responsible. Four Designated Drivers for the Game received prize packs
WHERE: Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, LA
WHEN: Sunday, February 3, 2014
About the National Football League
The NFL is proud of our history of giving, and we are committed to having a positive impact for generations to come. www.nfl.com
About TEAM Coalition
TEAM Coalition is an alliance of professional and collegiate sports, entertainment facilities, concessionaires, stadium service partners, the beer industry, distillers, broadcasters, governmental traffic safety experts, and others working together to promote responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at sports and entertainment facilities. TEAM’s members and supporters include the National Football League, Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, NASCAR, the National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, National Collegiate Athletic Association, ARAMARK, Delaware North Companies Sportservice, Ovations Food Services, Beer Institute, National Beer Wholesalers Association, Anheuser-Busch, MillerCoors, Brown-Forman, Live Nation, National Association of Broadcasters, Contemporary Services Corporation, Elite, International Association of Venue Managers, Stadium Managers Association and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. www.TEAMCoalition.org.
For three decades, Anheuser-Busch and its nationwide network of wholesalers have invested more than $930 million in national advertising campaigns and community-based programs to promote responsible drinking, prevent underage drinking and drunk driving and address college issues. For more information on these alcohol responsibility efforts and the progress being made, visit www.anheuser-busch.com.
US DOT / NHTSA 2011 NATIONAL DATA:
- In 2011, 9,878 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, a decline of 2.5% from the 10,136 fatalities in 2010
- Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
- Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.