Responsible boxing fans had the chance to pose for a souvenir photo and enter the Responsibility Has Its Rewards Sweepstakes at the Thurman vs. Porter fight at the Barclays Center on Saturday, June 25, 2016. Corona Extra and TEAM Coalition partnered to promote responsible drinking at the fight.
Over 200 fans made the pledge to Relax Responsibly – never drive drunk and always have a designated driver. Fans who pledged received a free souvenir photo, instant prizes and entrance into the Responsibility Has Its Rewards (RHIR) Sweepstakes. Four randomly selected responsible fans will be selected as the first prize winners. Those four prizes will include the following:
- 1 glove signed by Deontay Wilder and Chris Arreola
- 1 glove signed by Keith Thurman and Shawn Porter
- 1 glove signed by Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana
- 1 glove signed by Victor Ortiz and Andre Berto
One randomly selected responsible fan will be the grand prize winner of the RHIR sweepstakes. The prize will include two tickets to a major fight in 2016, hotel accommodations and airfare for two.
US DOT / NHTSA 2014 NATIONAL DATA:
• In 2014, 9,967 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, a decrease of 1% from the 10,076 fatalities in 2013.
• Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
• Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.