NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter. To enter, attend any National Hockey League® (“NHL”) game in the United States or Canada during the 2021-2022 regular season and register as a responsible fan/designated driver at the NHL arena by completing the pledge form (paper or digital).
To enter without attending an NHL® game, send a postcard (no envelopes please) to TEAM Coalition (“Sponsor”), 1800 Diagonal Road, Suite 600, PMB #1084, Alexandria, VA 22314 with the following:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Name of your favorite NHL® team
- Your agreement with the Responsibility Pledge
- Date you viewed the pledge
- Registration Phrase
Each entry by mail is good for only one (1) NHL team. You may only enter by mail no more than the number of home games played by each team. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prize may require a street address (no P.O. Boxes). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, mutilated, stolen, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due or misdirected entries, all of which will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any NHL venue to retain any entries or for any human error in connection with the retention of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of any prize. No photocopies, facsimiles, mechanical reproductions, alterations or forged entries. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible, and incomplete, altered, defaced, mutilated or illegible entry forms will be disqualified. All entries submitted at an NHL arena must be received by the end of the last 2021-2022 regular season game at the respective arena. All online entries must be submitted by Friday, April 29, 2022. All mailed entries must be postmarked by Monday, April 25, 2022 and received by Friday, April 29, 2022.
2. Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins on Tuesday, October 12, 2021 and will conclude on Friday, April 29, 2022.
3. Eligibility. Participation is open only to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada, age 21 and over in the U.S. as of date of entry and of legal drinking age in the province or territory in which they reside in Canada as of date of entry, and who possess a valid driver’s license. Void in Puerto Rico, outside of the U.S. and Canada, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Subject to all national, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Employees, officers and directors, and families of employees and officers and directors of Sponsor and the National Hockey League, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC and the member clubs of the National Hockey League (collectively, the “NHL Entities”), the advertising and promotional organizations for this Sweepstakes, and any of their respective subsidiaries or affiliates are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
4. Random Drawings/Odds. On or about Monday, May 2, 2022, one (1) Finalist representing each of the thirty-two (32) NHL teams will be randomly selected from a pool of all entries received at each arena or received by Sponsor via online or mail. One (1) Finalist will be drawn from the thirty-two (32) Finalists to win at trip to the 2023 NHL All-Star Game prize as detailed below. And One (1) Finalist will be drawn from the remaining thirty-one (31) Finalists to win the NHL First prize as detailed below. Odds of being chosen as a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received for each team. The odds of a Finalist winning the trip to the 2023 NHL All-Star Game prize are 1:32, and the odds of a Finalist winning the NHL First prize are 1:31. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Canadian residents, if selected as a Finalist, must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, by phone or mail before such Finalist can be declared a winner of any prize. This Sweepstakes is not produced/executed by any NHL Entity.
5. Prizes. One (1) 2023 NHL All-Star Game prize consisting of a trip for two (2) people to the 2023 NHL All-Star Game. 2023 NHL All-Star Game prize includes round trip coach-class air transportation for winner and travel companion from gateway airport nearest to winner’s residence to nearest airport of the 2023 NHL All-Star Game, a minimum of three (3) nights hotel accommodations as determined by Sponsor (single room, double occupancy, if necessary), and two (2) tickets to the 2023 NHL All-Star Game. Total ARV of 2023 NHL All-Star Game prize: $2,000 U.S. If the NHL All-Star Game prize winner lives within a reasonable driving distance of 2023 NHL All-Star Game host city, ground transportation (mileage and parking reimbursement) may be provided in lieu of air transportation. No compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value.
One (1) NHL first prize consisting of (2) tickets to a regular season 2022-2023 NHL game for the First Prize winner, a randomly-selected Responsible Fan for the Season representing an NHL team. Total ARV of NHL First prize: $400 U.S. No compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value.
All winners will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes and fees on prizes and any other costs not indicated herein as forming part of the prize, as well as optional travel insurance. Winners are responsible for ensuring they have proper travel documentation. Winners must agree to a background check and shall be required to sign a Prize Waiver/Affidavit prior to accepting the Prize. Winners must be able to travel on Sponsor-designated dates, or prizes will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. All travel subject to availability. Restrictions and blackout dates apply.
6. Notification. Entrants will be notified of their Finalist status by email or telephone on or about Monday, May 2, 2022. The 2023 NHL All-Star Game prize and the NHL First prize winners will be notified of their winning status by email or telephone after the completion of the 2021-2022 NHL regular season. All winners will be required to sign, have notarized and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release prior to receiving any prize. 2023 NHL All-Star Game prize travel companion will be required to sign and return a travel release prior to ticketing. If the travel companion is a minor, he/she must travel with his/her parent/legal guardian who must sign the release. If winner cannot be contacted, if any prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. Limit one (1) prize per person. Game or event dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of the NHL and/or NHL Enterprises, L.P., as applicable, and are subject to change.
7. Conditions. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of a prize constitutes winners’, and the travel companions’, permission for Sponsor and NHL Entities to use their respective names, addresses (city and state/province), likenesses, voice, biographical information and any mail-in entry statements for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. In addition, prize winners, by accepting a prize, agree to participate in promotional events and activities, as requested by the Sponsor and/or NHL Entities without additional compensation. By participating, entrants, winners and NHL All-Star Game prize companion agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the NHL Entities, their respective advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, sponsors, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, copyright infringement or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any prize and disclaim any implied warranty. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded or if any prize event is cancelled due to Acts of God, Acts of War, natural disasters, weather or terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed. In the case of the unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor shall not be responsible for awarding any replacement prize if any of the prize events are postponed or cancelled for any reason, and the balance of that prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of the prize award. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, but with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) if required, in the Province of Québec, to disqualify any entrant/winner who violates, in the sole judgment of the Sponsor and/or the NHL® Entities, these Official Rules, or whose conduct impairs or damages, or tends to impair or damage, in the sole judgment of the Sponsor, the reputation or public image of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor, the NHL Entities, or any of the NHL’s member teams. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may disqualify any entrant/winner having an outstanding or prior warrant, indictment, citation or conviction involving alcohol or alcohol-related incidents, regardless of when such incident occurs.
8. For Quebec Residents. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
9. Winners List. To obtain the names of the winners, visit Designated Drivers for the Season or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 28, 2022 to: TEAM Coalition, 1800 Diagonal Road, Suite 600, PMB #1084, Alexandria, VA 22314. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
TEAM Coalition, 1800 Diagonal Road, Suite 600, PMB #1084, Alexandria, VA 22314.
National Hockey League trademarks and copyrights used with permission of the National Hockey League. NHL, the NHL Shield®, National Hockey League and NHL All-Star Game are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. ©NHL® 2021. All Rights Reserved.