MAY 2021 NEWSLETTER
Table of Contents
Best Practices on Display
DIGITAL SOLUTIONS FOR DESIGNATED DRIVER PROGRAMS
Carolina Panthers Responsibility Program
The Carolina Panthers did not let the pandemic stop them from promoting responsible drinking with their fans for the 2020 NFL season. The Panthers added the Responsibility Has Its Rewards (RHIR) sweepstakes to their website and app, allowing fans to pledge to be responsible for every Panthers game – home or away.
The effort was a partnership with Bud Light and TEAM Coalition. Fans who pledged were entered to win a Bud Light mini fridge. Four prizes were distributed during the season. A total of 998 Panthers fans participated.
Panthers Mobile App
The Carolina Panthers utilized the team app to connect with fans and encourage them to make the pledge to be responsible, wherever they were watching the game. Fans received push notifications encouraging them to make the pledge to be responsible and enter to win. MORE
Board of Directors News
TEAM Board Member Profile: Jeff Stonebreaker
“Major League Soccer is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our MLS venues. The ongoing partnership with TEAM is a natural fit promoting responsibility and effective alcohol management. ”
— Jeff Stonebreaker
VP Safety and Security
Board of Directors News: May 2021
- Approved renewal of Brainshark contract to continue offering online employee training and certification.
- Approved all items for the membership votes at the June Coalition meeting.
- The Board of Directors and all committee members have received satisfaction surveys. Please provide feedback by May 14th so that we can continue to improve how the organization operates. Results will be presented to membership at June Coalition meeting.
Registration for the June Coalition meeting is open. Member organization representatives, strategic partners and master trainers are invited to attend the virtual meeting on June 9, 2021. Click here to register.
- Marketing & Communications
- Governance & Finance
TEAM has added several virtual Instructor Development Program workshops on the calendar. Click on the button below to check the schedule and register.
The Training Committee would like to recognize Aramark for an amazing accomplishment – 300,000 employees TEAM certified! Those employees help to ensure that millions of sports & entertainment fans drink responsibly.
- More than 11,000 sessions
- 1,200 trainers
- 200 locations
- 15 years
TEAM Coalition has been officially recognized as an approved provider by California Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) for alcohol server training. We are connecting with all trainers in California to ensure that the migration to the new procedures is quick and painless. If you are a CA TEAM trainer, click here to register for an informational meeting at the end of May to learn more.
Member representatives, Strategic Partners and Master Trainers interested in serving on the Training Committee should email email@example.com.
At the May 2021 Board of Directors meeting the Marketing & Communications Committee presented four accomplishments:
- MLS is the first league to re-launch the league-wide, season-long Responsibility Has Its Rewards sweepstakes post-Covid. We are thrilled to start tracking the monthly responsible fan pledges. And we are even more excited to share the new Heineken RHIR lock-up. Heineken is the official beer sponsor for MLS and 14 member Clubs.
- Sponsorship Support Services proposal was approved by the Board. It will be presented at the June Coalition meeting where the membership will vote to decide if the proposal will be approved and implemented starting with Fiscal Year 2022.
- Logo refresh final designs. Board has approved. Membership will vote to decide if the refreshed logo will be approved at the June Coalition meeting.
- Website, social media tracking reports.
Member representatives, Strategic Partners and Master Trainers interested in serving on the Marketing and Communications Committee should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Governance & Finance Committee presented two key items.
- Monthly financial review presented by Lester Jones, Treasurer.
- Training revenue as compared to FY 2021 budget. April was TEAM’s strongest month yet for training product revenue.
Member representatives, Strategic Partners and Master Trainers interested in serving on the Governance and Finance Committee should email email@example.com.
The Membership Committee presented two key items:
- Special projects brainstorming. This will be part of the June Coalition meeting as well. We ask all who are planning to attend to consider the offers of other non-profit organizations with which you engage. TEAM Coalition is on the hunt for an over-arching, more universal program/message/goal for all members and strategic partners to support.
- Preparation for the presentation of the Tiered Membership proposal at the June Coalition meeting. The full membership will vote to decide of the proposal should be implemented starting with Fiscal Year 2022.
Member representatives, Strategic Partners and Master Trainers interested in serving on the Membership Committee should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Master Trainer Spotlight
“We have all seen and experienced the negative effects of alcohol abuse and overuse. The tools TEAM gives us are tools we can use for a lifetime.”
— Greg Overstreet
Director of Security
Director of Security
Greg Overstreet is the Director of Security for Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. Greg is a 20-year veteran in public law enforcement, private security and crowd management, including 3 Super Bowls, 3 NCAA Final Fours and the 1996 Olympic Games. Greg has trained more than 350 security personnel in the TEAM training program since becoming a TEAM Trainer in 2008. Greg first became a TEAM Master Trainer in 2014.