TEAM Coalition traveled to Frisco, TX for the 2020 NCAA Division I Football Championship on January 11, 2020 to reward fans who made the Responsibility Has Its Rewards pledge to:
• Always Buckle Up – Every Trip, Every Time
• Never Drive Drunk
• Always Have a Designated Driver
• Never Provide Alcohol to Anyone Under 21
Fans from all over the country gathered at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX to watch the North Dakota State Bison take on the James Madison University Dukes. NDSU defeated JMU for its eighth, record making, FCS title. Before the game, 110 fans from both schools autographed the responsibility wall as their pledge and smiled for a souvenir photo while enjoying the pre-game festivities at Tailgate Town. The 45 photos taken were shared via email and text forwarding as well as social media. The photos were viewed 58 times, and average of 1.4 views per photo.
Each NCAA fan who made the pledge to drink responsibly was also entered for the the chance to win a $100 ShopNCAASports.com gift card. The program kicked off the new year with an excellent reminder that Responsibility Has Its Rewards.
US DOT / NHTSA 2018 NATIONAL DATA:
- In 2018, 10,511 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, an decrease of 3.6% from the 10,908 fatalities in 2017.
- Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
- Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.