TEAM (Techniques for Effective Alcohol Management) Coalition traveled to TD Ameritrade Park Omaha, NE for the 2015 NCAA Men’s College World Series on May 29- June 13, 2015 to reward fans who made the Responsibility Has Its Rewards pledge to:
• Always Buckle Up – Every Trip, Every Time
• Never Drive Drunk
• Always Have a Designated Driver
• Never Provide Alcohol to Anyone Under 21
Fans from all over the country gathered to watch the Vanderbilt Commodores take on the University of Virginia Cavaliers in the championship game. UVA won their first ever national championship in baseball. Hundreds of fans from both schools took time to make the responsibility pledge while enjoying the pre-game festivities at Tailgate Town before the big game.
The NCAA and TEAM Coalition partnered to promote responsible drinking at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, NE, encouraging fans to never drive drunk if they were over 21 or to buckle up – every trip, every time – if they were under 21.
US DOT / NHTSA 2013 NATIONAL DATA:
• In 2013, 10,076 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, a decrease of 2.4% from the 10,322 fatalities in 2012.
• Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
• Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.