|NATIONAL CAMPAIGN: Responsibility Has Its Rewards™Copa Univision Responsibility Day Message:
- We’re Big Fans of Responsible Fans
- Always Have A Designated Driver
RHIR PARTNERS INCLUDE:
- Coors Light
- J.J. Taylor Companies, INC.
- TEAM Coalition (Techniques for Effective Alcohol Management)
WHO: Fans and the Community
WHAT: Coors Light, J.J. Taylor and TEAM Coalition invited soccer fans at Copa Univision to make the Responsibility Has Its Rewards pledge. Those who promised to never drive drunk and always have a designated driver added their name to the backdrop and received a souvenir photo.
WHERE: Fútbol 5 in Tampa, FL
WHEN: Friday March 22 and Saturday March 23 2013
MillerCoors: MillerCoors is committed to ensuring that our products are marketed only to and consumed only by adults of legal drinking age. We strictly adhere to the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code. We have adopted our own tough internal marketing compliance codes, and our retailer education efforts are industry-leading. www.millercoors.com.
TEAM Coalition: an alliance of professional and collegiate sports, entertainment facilities, concessionaires, stadium service partners, the beer industry, broadcasters, governmental traffic safety experts, and others working together to promote responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at sports and entertainment facilities. www.teamcoalition.org
US DOT / NHTSA 2011 NATIONAL DATA:
- In 2011, 9,878 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, a decline of 2.5% from the 10,136 fatalities in 2010.
- Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
- Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.