TEAM Coalition traveled to TD Ameritrade Park Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska for the 2016 NCAA Men’s College World Series on June 17 – June 20, 2016 to reward fans who made the Responsibility Has Its Rewards pledge to:
- Always Buckle Up – Every Trip, Every Time
- Never Drive Drunk
- Always Have a Designated Driver
- Never Provide Alcohol to Anyone Under 21
Fans from all over the country gathered to watch eight teams – Florida Gators, Miami Hurricanes, Texas Tech Red Raiders, Oklahoma State Cowboys, TCU Horned Frogs, UCSB Gauchos, Coastal Carolina Chanticleers and Arizona Wildcats – compete for a national championship. 425 pictures were taken of 985 smiling fans in front of the inflatable baseball. Well over 1,000 college baseball fans took time to make the responsibility pledge and autograph the baseball while enjoying the pre-game festivities at MCWS Fan Fest.
US DOT / NHTSA 2015 NATIONAL DATA:
• In 2015, 10,265 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, an increase of 3.2% from the 9,943 fatalities in 2014.
• Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
• Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.